Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Modelling Chassis Spaceframe

mclaren422

Hi All,

What is the best way of modelling a chassis like in the link below:

[url]http://www.locostusa.com/forums/download/file.php?id=17008&a mp;sid=a7900e5a581d73f1b1b53d6313c59527&mode=view [/url]

andcan you pleaselink me any free tutorials to help with this?

I have tried looking at skeleton modelling tutorials I can't seem to find any that help

I need to model a basic wire frame with no solid extrusions - so I can usethe geometryand import it into abaqus FEA software

Please help

Thank you,

Aadil

fileid=17008&sid=a7900e5a581d73f1b1b53d6313c59527&mode=view

It all you want are lines between points just make a point array and connect the dots with pipe features. If you make each line an single feature (select individual points, just 2 per pipe) then you don't have to worry about the bend radius Pro/E wants to throw in.View attachment 5760

OK so far I've been using a series of sketches on loads
of different datum planes. Its quite messy and I have faced
problems with
regeneration when changing certain dimensions.

Is this a suitable way of doing it?

Thanks
Edited by: mclaren422

I don't think it's really all that suitable way of doing it. Having a base skeleton is one thing but it looks to me like most of what you have there is redundant information.

Most of this can be done with the tube models themselves and having such a detailed skeleton really causes you to duplicate your work. I would simplify it to the minimal boundaries and build from there.

Sometimes we get a bit overzealous with too much detail. Most of the time, simpler is better. You only need enough information to control the parts.

hi!!!!!!!
i want a modeling of water pump in pro-e.
it's drawing is given in last page of book P.S..GILL
MACHINE DRAWING.
plz send it as soon as possible. it's my project.

akshay pathania said:
hi!!!!!!!

i want a modeling of water pump in pro-e.

it's drawing is given in last page of book P.S..GILL

MACHINE DRAWING.

plz send it as soon as possible. it's my project.

Then you should do it instead of asking someone else to do your work.

oppera said:
use EFX. Search tutorial on youtube
EFX is great if you have it but not many do since it's extra $$$. Also, it's overkill since the OP only wants a wireframe, not solid geometry.

i believe he doesn't need to build a 3d model right now, he
needs to model the structure as a series of lines which can
then be analyzed in abaqus as beams.
Edited by: solidworm

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back