Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Modelling a Door Handle

JVidal

Relations:
- d22=evalgraph("graph", trajpar)

without looking at the file.. what you need is a value for your x value in the graph

d22=evalgraph("graph", trajpar * some_xval )

I generally do a analysis of my curve length then use a relation to grab that value

some_xval= lenght:fid_analysis1

then in my graphs I use that parameter for the x value.

Well, I finally managed to get it to work, both the Swept Blend and VSS.

One question regarding the VSS:
As far as I can see, setting up the correct length value is an important step for this method.
Sometimes I'm able to get to work, other times I'm not. What are the main issues I need to address while setting up this parameter?

wsylvester, could you please tell me how do you manage to achieve this?

I generally do a analysis of my curve length then use a relation to grab that valuesome_xval= lenght:fid_analysis1then in my graphs I use that parameter for the x value.

Thank you all for your help (I'm just starting to get acquainted with ProENGINEER).

Best regards!
JVidal

Thanks wsylvester, I've got it!

Thank you all for your help.

---------------------------
EDIT:

One question regarding the SweptBlend method remains and this is something that has been bothering me for quite some time now and has kept me away from this feature:

I created 8 sections to guide the profile of my swept blend. All of these sections have some kind of snap points to guide the geometry, right? What happens is that in some sections the snap points cause distorted geometry and you have to change them. While in some sections it's possible to change them from one location to another, in others it's not.

So I ended up "breaking" all my sections in 4 curve segments and this way I could play with the snap points to get a clean geometry. This sucks!

By the way, another question I have regarding this method is: my final section is a point. How can I converge the geometry to a point to finish the swept blend?

Here are my models (SweptBlend and VSS on WF5). Please share what's on your mind!

2009-06-29_064852_doorhandle_jvidal.zip

Thanks again!
Edited by: jvidal

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back