Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Model tolerance display

BONES1369

In a drawing, at the bottom right hand side of the screen, the model tolerance is displayed. It is grayed out and does not print with the actual drawing, but if you make a TIFF file of the drawing it shows up.

I need to remove the model tolerance so that this does not happen. Anyone know a quick fix.

Thanks,

Bones

could you make a picture to post, I don't have any tolerances displayed in drawing on the right side, or any side.

TOLERANCE is displayed only when your model is setup to ANSI standards (used typically in the US). Other regions using the metric system the ISO standards are used for GENERAL TOLERANCES FOR DIMENSIONS AND FORM & POSITION (typical designationISO 2768 mk) using grades as coarse, medium and fine, for linear & diametrical dimensions, angular dimensions, chamfers& radii and geometrical form).

When your model is setup to ISO/DIN tolerance is not displayed.

------------------

Bones,

I am curious to know why you create a TIFF file. I know of people creating a snapshot of the drawing or a PDF of the drawing for records.... TIFF !!! I would like to understand.

Bones,

Yes, you're right. It does erase the tolerances in the drawing. But only if you move or regen.

When I tried this, after I hit apply and close, the tolerance block disappeared but not the tolerances. I made a TIFF file and it showed the tolerances without the tolerance block. It will work this way but it is a PITA.

Hopefully someone out there will know of a way to turn that annoying thing off without effecting the dimension tolerances.

Bob

found it, it's a config pro option (tools/options): display_dwg_tol_tags set this to no and the tolerance block from drawing will disappear and will not affect the tolerances, only that annoying block.

vlad,

Thank you very much, exactly what I needed.

SRINIVASANIYER,

I use tiff images so the process engineers and planning people donot need pro-e to open the drawing files. A tiff file works well and will plot to scale.

Vlad,

I agree with Bones, that worked great!

I tried display_model_tol_tagsto get themturned off in Model Mode also but not having any luck. I have to set tol_display to no to remove them. Do you know of anything that will also remove them from Model Mode?

Bob

BONES1369 said:
I use tiff images so the process engineers and planning people donot need pro-e to open the drawing files. A tiff file works well and will plot to scale.

Why don't you try PTC's own viewer? It is free and the process engineers can also view the models....!!!

Vlad,

Yes it is in envionment. That's what I've been using. I found tol_display but that turns off the display in the drawing dims also. I just wanted a way to have my tol_display in my dimensions only and not have the tol block in the drawing or the model.

We frequently create JPEG'S of the model. I change my background to white and turn the spin center and tol block off first.

Thanks for all your help!

Bob

Unfortunatelly I don't think there is a way, or i don't know,but if you're not interested about the tolerances showing in your model while making the jpeg's then turn the tol_display off, then reactivate it.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back