Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

mill-turn mill code PARLEL Z

jcrook

Hi Gang,

I am having a problem getting the correct radius output when milling a rectangle with .03" corner radiuses on the end of 1.75" diameter shaft. The FIL is PARLEL Z and the tool axis is parallel to the spindle centerline. The endmill is 3/4" diameter and the rectangle is 1.375" x 1.625". The post is setup as a lathe with one live tool and the mill-turn merge post check box checked.
I have looked at all the dblcom registers from 344 up into the 400's. The store the next and last x,y,z,i,j,k points and also x,y,z,a,b,c, multax points. I have also looked at the current output line. I've also tried to manipulate thevariables in these registers. I've also tried to change dblcom 5, 6, and 16 or 17, current radius.
I have experimented cutting radiuses that are concentric to the centerline of the spindle and the radius output is correct, but when the center of the arc is off the centerline, the radius is incorrect. I've also set the radius output as R versus I,J. I've also set the quadrant crossing to 360 degrees. Any other setting causes multiple lines of radius output, usually large circles.
I've also experimented with the CSYS that is used with the tool. I also have worked on the settings inthe parameters page. This did not change any output
I need the dblcom registers that I can manipulate to get the correct output. I will gladly change the post in the OFG if this would work.

Thanks,
Jay.

Cont....

Right after I perform a postf(21) to reload saved cl record and rightbefore the postf(13) in the FIL file that outputs the line to the MCD file can I check to see if it's going to cut a radius and substitute the correct radius value?

Thanks,
Jay

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back