Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Meshing issues

AngusW

Hello all,

Im very new to ProE and i am experiencing a multitude of problems. I want to design a blade thats material properies vary with distance. The model itself is built as a solitary part with complex geometry.

I tried breaking the part up into numerous sections and reassembling it with a material property per section. however when i run the model in Pro E i get an error stating that the "highligted solid element has singular mapping"

To overcome this issue i tried redefining the mesh using brick wedge and tetra shapes and increasing the number of nodes. Unfortunately this results in the program crashing and no error's are identified. Is there any way to overcome this issue? Is there any easier way to assign different materials to sections of the same part?

Thanks a million,

Angus

Hi Angus,

I am assuming you are using ProE Wildfire 3 or higher. Instead of breaking you part in smaller pieces and then reasemble it using the assembly modehere is what you need to do.

1) Start with a complete solid part

2) Go into Pro/MECHANICA

3) Use the option "Create Simulation Volume Region". This option will break your the part into individual volumes. Break each volume one at the time.

4) Leave the last volume unbroken. For example if you want to break your part in four volumes. Use the volume region to break the first three and leave the 4th as is.

5) Apply individual material properties to each of the valumes you created using the "Volume Region"option"Material Assigment" window "Reference" option (the default is part). The default is part change it to "Volume(s)".

6) Use the "Material Assigment" option and this time make sure the "Reference" is set to "Part". This will assign the material properties to the fourth volume you left untouch.

7) Mesh your model, assign contraints, loads and run your analysis.

Cheers!

Luis

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back