Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Merged cut reference part

uh60rascal

I have created a merged cut in a part which references a different part that is not included in the assembly. Every time I start a new session of Pro/E and open the cut part or the assembly in which it is included, I receive a message that the part has been frozen because the reference part (for the cut) is not in session. So then I need to go and open/close that part.

Is there a way that I can include the part in the assembly (besides just hiding it) so that it is opened when the assembly is opened and the part and assembly will regenerate without warnings?

Thanks.

It is in the same working directory as the rest of the parts/assembly. However, unless the part has been opened and is in session, I get this message:

Ref component under assem MODEL_ASSEMBLY for feat (id 3079) in part AFT_FUSE_PORT is missing.
WARNING: External ref. for feature/component not found, using old placement.

You can just ignore the warning unless there has been a change in the part that you want to update. You can just click on it in the model tree and pick OPEN from the RMB menu.

Oh, ok. It was just kind of annoying, so I thought there might be a way to automatically check and update the part, maybe with ATB or something?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back