Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

MERGE function problems with assembly

mdristy

When finishing up an "Edit/Component Operation/Merge" operation between a part and a sub-assemblyinserted in a temporary assembly (ASM0001.asm), I am not given the option to detach the reference part from the temporary assembly. As a result, after I delete the temporary assembly (which is no longer needed), Pro/E is still looking for the Parent Assembly (ASM0001) when I do sebsequent operations on the "Merged" part. I remember in past releases of Pro/E the option to detach the reference part from the assembly was given. This allowed the temporary assembly to be permanently deleted, but the relationship between the Merged part and the part(s) it reference was still maintained and understood by Pro/E. Help! Thx.
(Note: My "Merged" part is a "finished" part that referencesthe parts in a"semi-finished" part which as actually an assembly of several parts.)

P.S. Is there a better way than this to create a "finished" part from a "semi-finished" or "rough" part when the "semi-finished" part is actually an assembly?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back