Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

menus not appearing

michaelpaul

Okay, not sure how best to describe this one but here goes.

I have done nothing to alter my system settings but my work recently performed some upgrades and things not entirely related to Pro E got jacked up. But, coincident these upgrades, I just noticed some odd behavior.

For years I have had Pro-E start maximized. any options that require additional menus would simply pop up on top of the model window. I have dual monitors but I am set up so that nothing appears on my auxiliary monitor unless I actually put it there.

Yesterday, I went to replace a component in an assembly. I highlighted the part and right clicked. I clicked replace and couldn't find the replace component menu. sometimes in the past I've had to move my model window a bit to get to the new menu. Or, I've had to Alt-Tab to get to it. I could see the replace component menu in my Alt-Tab options but when I picked on it nothing would happen. I could move my model window and couldn't find it.

After some investigating, I found that the menu was appearing to the far right of my model window. so, if I shortened the model window then the replace component window would appear. if I moved the right edge of the model window closer to the monitor edge, less of the replace component menu was visible and it became harder to either see or click on to activate. I'd still have to drag it out into the monitor space.

Not all menus seem to to this as the replace component menu is the only one I have come across right now.

Any ideas on what to do to get it so that it pops back on top of the current active window? I deactivated start maximized so that I have a ribbon of workspace to the right of my proe window right now but I much prefer the larger proe window so I'd like to figure this out.

Thanks for the help. I hope my explanation is clear.

Michael

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back