Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Memory Allocation for Analysis

Vesh

When I do an analysis I up the 'Memory Allocation' to 1GB. Problem is that the next time I open Pro/E, or a new object, it defaults to 128MB. So everytime I do an Analysis I have to go to the 'run settings' section and change it.

How do I default it to stay at 1000MB and not 128MB?

Edited by: Vesh

How do you do this? I searched for "config.pro" and found two files, both with the following text in them...

DISPLAY SHADE
DATUM_DISPLAY NO
AXIS_DISPLAY NO
DATUM_POINT_DISPLAY NO
DATUM_POINT_TAG_DISPLAY NO
SPIN_CENTER_DISPLAY NO
DISPLAY_COORDINATE_SYS NO
TOL_DISPLAY NO

Am I limited to my config.pro settings because I am using an educational version?

When I do it within Pro/E (Tools> Options> ...) and set it to 1000 there, it works but still only for that session.

once you set it in options you just need to save it, thats all. there is a save button

also, you could just add the option with notepad and save it

also there is 1 setting for FEM mode and 1 for mechanica. in options type "memory" then hit the find button. It will list all the options. That's handy when you forget them.

site

When I set it in the options menu and save it, its only active for that session.

Under Tools> Options> Showing menu, it lists "Current Session". The drop down menu has no other choices. So I presume when Im saving it, its saving it under the "current_session.pro" file which is only active for that session.

The weird thing is that if I open this file with notepad, the value is already at 1000, and when I open Pro/E again, it defaults to 128, even though the file states 1000.

Check its name and where you are saving it. Try saving the settings as 'config.pro,' under the default working directory. If you do this, then they should load automatically when Pro-e stharts up.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back