Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mechanica Installation

dasetton

I am having difficulty getting mechanica working, I would appreciate any help..

The symptoms are:

1. I cannot uncheck the FEM Mode check box in the Model Type popup when selecting Mechanica from theApplications menu.

2. If I hit OK (with FEM checked) in the Model Type popup, another popup appears: Unable to get required Mechanica License. Please contact your sales representative.

Here's what I've tried so far:

0. Pro/E runs without issue.

1. PTC License Server seems to be running, and pointing to the correct Mechanica folder: C:\Program Files\mechWildfire 3.0 (perhaps I need to point to a different folder or file?)

2. When configuring PTC.Setup, the "Define Installation Components" page shows PROE_FoundationAdv, MECBASICENG_License, and MECBASICUI_License all with License Type=Floating , Release Version= 27.0, Experation Date=1-jan-0 (I think these means permanent), Number of Copies=1. Also Server Info is identical for all three licenses.

3. ptcstatus shows 0 In Use and 1 Free licenseeachfor MECBASICENG and MECBASICUI.

I've searched multiple topics, but have not been able to resolve. I'm not a CAD Administrator (perhaps that's obvious) and not too familiar with setting up Pro/E in general. Any help, inlayman's terms,is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-dave

Dave

We have had the same problem and this is how we solved it.

When installing Mechanica you use the Wildfire 3.0 disc.

One of the first screens "define installed components"

Pick "product features-mechanica - "install this feature"

I had to uninstall mechanica and then install again.

this worked for us!

Best regards
Rick

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back