Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mechanica Idealizations

AragornPE

This question is probably stupid, but...

I've been trying to analize the tension that occurs at swing axles that are submitted to forces and has a spring near the area of actuation of the force. I've created the spring by Mechanica Idealizations and pivoted the swing axle using constraints letting it spin at it's spinning axle. The spring is attached to the swing axle by a point previously created, and by a point created in the assembly. Pro/M already made it clear: idealizations are not attached. How do I attach? o_O

Thanks in advice

Aragorn,

I don't claim to understand the problem you are analyzing, nor do I understand what you mean by "idealizations are not attached".

I just used some springs in an analysis. You make two points on model surfaces and connectthe two pointsusing thespring. The mesher will create nodes at the points.Springsare attached and they transmit force. I only used simple springs, but it worked for me.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back