Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

measuring distances

mahtab_msa

I want to move a body (lets say a box) on a planer surface. I want to calculate distance of this box from a reference frame as I move it.

I have defined a planar connection between box ad surface. I can measure this distance when the box is at a stationary position.

what I want is when I am moving/dragging the box on planar surface, the distance should be shown/measured continuously. Can this be done in Pro E. I mean when I am moving the box with , the measure window should not close automaticaly and should continuously show the updated measure/distance. I am using WF 2.

Another question. Can I calculate the distance in x , y , and z directions (x,y,x of a frame) in a single measure ?

Here is an image.

ok I got answer to 2nd question (Can I calculate the distance in x , y , and z directions (x,y,x of a frame) in a single measure ?) from another thread
<a href="http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36499&PN=1" target="_blank">
http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36 499&PN=1</a>

waiting for answer to 1st question
smiley1.gif

mahtab_msa,

If you had the constantly updating value of the distance of one cso on the block to one cso on the base, what would you want to do with it?

If you set up an assembly constraint for two points, and dragged the part, it would show the value as you moved it. Not useful if you intend to do something with that info. However, you can set up an analysis of that value for use in other parts or assemblies.

cheers,

M

Actually a friend of mine needs this info. He wants to know the position of a body in a room when he moves the body.
smiley2.gif

If you set up an assembly constraint for two points, and dragged the
part, it would show the value as you moved it. Not useful if you intend
to do something with that info. However, you can set up an analysis of
that value for use in other parts or assemblies.
Can you explain this. I have already defined a planar connection.
smiley9.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back