Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

materials/looks

TWINTURBOTOM

i read a short article about how pro-e wildfire now has the ability to make materials look realistic...Something about compatibility with some other 3 dimensional program used by graphics designers....I want to get my hands on a this stuff and implement it but don't know how/where. I was just setting up a mat file for wood and didn't really think that any of the information I was imputting would effect the look...so i'm assuming it's a seperate file that I set up somehwere else but has a relation to my material name.....anyone have any insight on this? I understand how to setup mat files and now I want pro e to change the colors and make teh apperance match my mat....any help or direction is appreciated...thanks guys!!

I dont know how it is in WF3. However in WF2, mat file is only for the physical properties. For visual effects go to View > colors and appearance > and then set the color / texture for the part or surface or surfaces...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back