Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Material Question

tsaladyga

Hey guys,

Just a quick question. How do I get Pro to show materials in the Operation set up box? Is it something I need to define in the Config.Pro file? And if so, can anyone show me what the line should look like?

Thanks,

Todd

Todd -
The config.pro option I think you want is
PRO_MF_TPRM_DIR

Example

pro_mf_tprm_dir /home/users/toolcrib

That will be a directory that contains folders with the material names you want to cut. For the case above, it will look something like this:

-home
--users
---toolcrib <-------------------Parameter points to this folder
----ball25.tpm (the file containing tool geometry parameters)
----materials
-----aluminum <-------------------First material folder
-----steel20 <-------------------Second material folder
------ball25.tpm (the file containing tool feeds and speeds)
-----steel40 <-------------------Third material folder

Etc.

(Copied from PTC's WF4 Pro/NC pdf file...)

Note this is the 'old' way of setting up the tools and materials. Old means WF3 and earlier.
The new way of managing tools is an XML file. This XML file contains tool geometry and cutting data.
I think if you set up the directory structure, then point to it with that parameter, it'l still work in WF4 / WF5, etc. After its set up, you can save out the workcell / tooling data, and it will automatically create the XML data for you.

Hope that is what you were asking about.

-regards-

-tsl

tsl,

Thanks for the input. It worked as far as now I see the materials. Now I have a problem in that, when I pick a tool to use, it shuts down my program. I am running Wildfire 4.0. Don't know why it's kicking me out, but I will trace it.

Thanks,

Todd

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back