Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

master cam x rough pass

bissen00

i am a high school student and am trying to cut a letterd piece out of steel and i need to roughit down with a .25 inch endmill but i can not get it to leave extra stock around the letters to come by with a finish pass and a 1\8th inch endmill the teacher said that it will break if i try to do it all with a 8th inch endmill. is any one familiar with mastercam x and no how to do this none of my teachers no how to do it? all help would be appreciated.

thats why i am here i no what i am doing but this is not working you guys no how to do it alot better than me

bissen00 -
To clarify, are you looking for help in creating toolpaths using Pro/Engineer, or Mastercam? There are different forums for each, and it appears that you are looking in the wrong location. if you would like assistance with Pro/Engineer, then we'd be more than happy to help. If you are looking for help with Mastercam, you would be better served by asking your question in that forum.
-tsl

okay wrong forum but ..

2 ways

one..use the multipass option on contour.

two...xy stock to leave on, add what you want, then copy the cutter path and

change to zero

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back