Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

*** marks in drawing

sanjeevkar1

Ok, here is the story. I made a part named X and used this part in another part Y as external copy geom. Later I modified the X part by removing some features and adding few new features. And when I regenerated the X and Y part, I was happy that everything came out well. But when I turned to drawing I found some *** marks in my Y drawing. These *** can not be deleted or dragged.
After investigating I found that the feature I removed in X had a datum Athat got removed. And this datum A was used in Y drawing.
Now the question is how can I remove these *** of my ass (I mean drawing)
Image is as under.

I would regen/repaint the display a couple of times, also try to select with a window & delete. Sometimes pro/E does not update the graphics so the thing exists but it is not where you see it. Usually you get the *** when something in a note gets deleted such as a symbol or a part dimension. I've never seen it with a datum.

Hi sanjeev,

The stars are appearing in your drawing as they refer to a dimension parameter or some other parameter of the model X which are no more present in the model. I think you should be in a position to edit the text and replace the old parameter reference with the new one.

Regards,

Anand

Krow: i tried recreating the datum A but of no use.

dr_gallup: repaint regenerated updated the drawing many times but these stars just go away.

anand: i know this happened because i deleted datum A and these stars are appearing where i used A as a datum in GD&T.

finally i deleted the veiw that was holding these stars and made a new one (overall new drawing again)
smiley18.gif

I dunno what u call this, but I would probably term it as bad luck L
Awwh too bad!!! U had to recreate the whole drawing

HEY ROHIT

YOU ARE LATE BUDDY I ALREADY MADE A NEW DRAWING. NEXT TIME ( I HOPE NOT) I FACE THIS PROBLEM; I'LL TRY YOUR SOLUTION

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back