Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mapkey

BONES1369

I'm trying to create a mapkey that will do the following,

file_new_drawing_empty with format_...... and in the mean time, prompt me for the new drawing name. I tried this multiple times using the pause for keyboard input option within the mapkey, but when i run the mapkey it does not do this. Any ideas? Curently the mapkey accpets the default drawing name, and then once the drawing opens it performs file_rename.

Yes I have tried that, I have tried about everything, but I'm a little unclear how the pause function actualy works. Never really used it much.

I am not sure if you have tried this, but here is howI have done it:

-go to the Mapkey Utility

-type in a name for the mapkey

-press start

-file:new, select the options you want in the "New" dialog box

-press pause in the mapkey utility

-type in a description in the resume prompt i.e. "Type New Name Then Press Resume" click ok for that pop-up

-type in your drawing name

-click resume in the mapkey utility (was the pause button before you hit pause)

-finish with the other selections, then hit stop.

Try runing the mapkey. Note that the "Mapkey pause" box may pop up in the same location as the "new" dialog box, so when you click to enter your new drawing name the box is hidden behind. After you type in your new drawing name just drag the box to one side and click resume in the "Mapkey Pause" box.

I hope this works for you... it worked for me
smiley2.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back