Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

managing multiple users and features

waygooder

Hey all,

Ive been searching high and low and I cannot find this
question asked anywhere.

I have 4 ProE users, 4 ProE licences and 3 different
feature sets for said licences on flexlm server. How can
I make it so User A always gets Foundation, User B gets
ADVSE, etc. ?

Right now we have to play musical chairs right now to let
everyone get the seat they are supposed to be using.

Thanks

You can create multiple start up commands. In each command you can specify which license(s) it can access and in which order. Give each user the appropriate commands.

In our case we have 4 seats of foundation and 2 AAX. I have 2 commands proe.bat & proeaax.bat. The first one will grab just a standalone foundation seat if available but if not it will take one of the foundation + AAX licenses. The draftspeople get this command on their desktop. The proeaax.bat command will first grab the foundation + AAX seats but if they are not available will grab the foundation seat. In this case they get a notice that AAX is not available. The design engineers get these commands.

Use ptcsetup.bat to create the commands. Once you understand how these things work you can just use an ascii text editor to make the batch and .psf files much faster than running ptcsetup.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back