Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Making a custom symbol global...

jelston

I have made a custom text symbol. It shows up in the drawing a made it in; how do a make it "useable" in all drawings? I'm sure it is some dumb 'A' file that i need to save somewhere.

add"pro_symbol_dir" to your config and give a path to a network dir were you want to store your symbols.

Then redefine your symbol and pick "write" from the menu.

Now you can retrieve your custom symbol from any drw

Thanks Bud!

At some point you really just have to sit down and ask yourself: "Does it really have to be this damn complicated." Pulling config options out of nowhere, uggghhh.

You can add your favorites to a symbol palette or add them to your template drw's for easier access.

(I'm lazy and doesnt live the way I preach so I browse the server dir everytime.....)

The whole point of adding the pro_symbol_dir config option is so you DON"T have to browse for the symbol files. Also, you don't have to redefine the symbol, just do Format/Symbol Gallery/Write and pick the symbol you want to write to disk.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back