Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Major loss of functionality in WF3?

peterbrown77

I hope I am wrong and someone can straighten me out. There is no more 'Make Datum' in Wildfire 3 NC. I don't want to appear a Luddite, and bemoan it like so many users did in WF1 over 2001 in the modelling portions of Pro.

What PTC replaced it with is the Datum Plane Tool. It is creating completely independent plane features in the model tree. If you make a trajectory and control the tool height using a datum, you are in big trouble. There are going to be planes all over the tree and you will have no idea which plane controls which cut motion. You cannot edit the sequences dimensions either using Utilities>Modify because it doesn't highlight the plane offset dimension. You cannot copy the sequence to change a rough path to a finish path because the planes are independent. You will not be able to reorder the sequences through drag-n-drop. What were they thinking?!

Am I alone in seeing this?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back