Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Lost settings in Radan 8.5

quasifun

Hi guys,
A little help needed if possible. I realise this is a SolidWorks forum but can't find anything on Radan. Hoping maybe one or two of you use Radan also.

I'm using Radan 8.5 for cutting on a Kaliburn 2200 plasma. Looks like when I shut down Friday I did something wrong and lost all my settings.
I did have three decimal place precision and imperial measurements but Monday everything was one point and metric. I have Radan 8.5 and Solid Works 2009 4.1 on my system under Windows XP.
So a quick series of questions:
1. How dod I change back to 3 digit imperial?
2. Can I set up a profile so if it happens again I can revert back easily?

A little different topic

3. When I make a drawing of a nest, I have to annotate it by hand everytime. Is there a way to automate it then modify the title? Kinda like this:

JC Fab
Program 001005XXX

where the XXX will change for each drawing.

4. When I print the drawing nest it comes out very pale. I have black and white checked but it makes no difference. Can my pens be set wrong? How do I actually print black? The notation JC Fab mentioned above prints correctly.

5. Is there a way to import a Radan .sym file into SolidWorks?

Sorry for the multiple questions and lengthy post. If you have any ideas or random thoughts that might help a noob please share.

Thanks for your time and have a good day.

Hi again. I got my problem sorted. Apparently just one of those ramdom computer snafus got me. Customer service finally called and helped me out.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back