Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

" Locked" Simplified Rep?

Orion07

Hello all,

I'm working with a decent size assembly which I'll call the "mother assembly," thats comprised of a dozen or so sub assemblies and parts. I've created a particular drawing that communicates the interaction between two sub assemblies (different files) using a simplified rep of the mother assembly. Since the time I've created this drawing, I've added more parts and assemblies to the mother assembly. Now when I go to view the drawing it displays the simplified rep with all the parts and sub assemblies I've added since then. I don't want this. Is there a way to prevent any new parts or sub assemblies from being added to the simplified rep? Or is there a different way to go about this?

Thanks for the help.

Rather than Excluding individual components from the rep I think
what you want to do is:

_ Exclude the top level entity.
_ Include individual components you want to show in the rep.

Newly added components shouldn't show unless they are added
while the rep is active or explicitly Included after placing.

I don't believe you want to change the rep ref'd by the drawing view
(you'll lose all your annotations?). You can use the Search Tool
(find Regenerated, Save Query) to help reorganize your existing rep
before excluding the top level entity.

Jeff-

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to research using the Search Tool. I've never used it before. At first glance I didnt see a way to "find regenerated." Anyway, it wasnt a very complicated rep so I was able to basically start over by deselecting the excluded components then excluding the top level asm. Then I just went to the include tab and picked the components I needed. I didnt have much annotation other than some basic dimensions- I didnt lose them. I think this was because I never deleted the view, just modified the simp. rep. Components assembled to the top level assembly later on were not included in the simplified rep.

Thanks again.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back