Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Locked files

UltraCADMan

Hello Everyone,

I've started to dabble a little further with locking pro E parts / sub- assemblies that I do not want modifying. Previously I manually controlled this aspect through carefully monitoring whether anobject required to be checked in or not. However, I'm searching for a more effective method.

What I am finding when using the lock function is that parts that have been locked in an assembly dont adjust... yeah great just as expected. But, when it comes to saving the assembly sometimes it will not allow me to do so....and give me a list of assemblies and parts that dont save in the message window. Closer investigation found that if I unlock the parts in the tree then I'm allowed to save again. What i think is happening is some read only parts has been changed (possibly through the layer states) and Pro E doesnt like it when I try to save the top level assembly.

So has anyone come across this issue? Or has anyone gotsuggestions of a work around? Also would be nice to hear other peoples methods, pros and cons of how they tackle keeping unmodified parts.... unmodified.

much appreciated

Gaz

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back