Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Loading a Tool List

harrisa

Ok All, I want to load a tooling list that I used in another program. There are about 48 tools. I want to reuse all the defined geometry already created. If you can output or create a list of the tools, how can you reload it into another program file with no tools created yet?

If you go back to your particular operation/workcell (the one you used in the operation), you can save the workcell and it should save the tooling as well.
When you create your operation, in your new mfg, you can also bring in the workcell (you had saved).
You can also save the operation as a UDF and it will have the workcell tied into it. And in futre mfg sessions you bring the UDF in.

Another way would be to save the mfg, with the operation and workcell as a templete.

Tony

Tony is correct, also if you want to save that workcell and keep retrieving it (or others) for new jobs, set the config.pro option PRO_MF_WORKCELL_DIR and set it to a folder which is where you will keep your saved workcells.

Ok, Thanks for your input. We already have a work cell built for this machine that includes 21 tools as a standard tool package. What I ended up doing was deleting everthing from the first job "Everything but the tools" andsaved a copy ofthe file to the next part I'm working on in another folder with the new name.
smiley1.gif

Thanks,

Alan Harris

Sr. Process Engineer

Apex Tool Group LLC
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back