Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Links on Part Drawing

ravindth

Hello,

Kindly reply me as soon as possible for the following question relatedon the Pro-E Drawing.

Qustion: How to Update the Date and Time Automatically in a drawing sheet whenever open. Means, If I open a part drawing at tomorrow then, at the right side should be shown the updated date and time.

I am waiting for your answer... Thanks a lot

Add a note with the following parameter: &todays_date

Edit: Sorry about that. That was the kneejerk answer, but it won't do what you want. The note will not refresh tomorrow because theparameter is actually replaced with today's date. I'll take a look and see what I can come up with.

<tg>
Edited by: telecomguy

In thinking about your question, the only reason I can think you would need this is for hardcopies. So I think you may need to look at your printer setup and see if you can date stamp a footer during the print cycle.

<tg>

Dear Sir,

I tried to get the requirement as per your responsed answer. Yes, It is possible to get the online updation of date and time while taking hardcopy.

If possible kindly response me, the online updation in the CAD drawing itself. It means If I open the CAD drawing I would have see the updating date and time.

I have been waiting for your valuable answer.

Thanks and Regards.

only one post is enough.

Now to answer your question: I don't think it's possible to automatically update the date because after you enter &todays_date it changes to todays date as text. So it's not working, it's not parametric any more.

I found a way to update it but to me it looks too complicated and grrrrr.. to much stuff for a small thing.

Look at the last post:

[url]http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27 565&KW=date[/url]

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back