Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

links in mechanism

ksarita20

hi all,

I have a new design problem, where i have to come up with some links between two moving assemblies. I will to try to explain it as clearly as possible. i will be very happy if any one can suggest me on this problem.

I have to rock a see-saw which should be connected through some means( this is the link that i have to design) to a cylinder which slides on another solid cylinder. this solidcylinder pivots about a point at the top. on the whole i have to transmit the combinedmotion of pivoted and sliding motion of both thecylinders into a rotational motionto the see-saw.

The link should be such that the effect of momentof inertia ofthe I beam should be doubled at thegray slider pin when compared to the effect at the green pin.

According to my tiny experience all i can figure out is a straight bar that connect the gray and green pin. this link des not increase the moment of inertiaeffect near the gray pin compared to the green pin.So, is there anyother possible link that i can design between these two.

Please help me

thanks in advance

sari

Edited by: ksarita20

Sari;Are you trying to connect the left edge of the I-beam to the hole of the greyslideron the left,so that whenthe slider moves up and down, the I-beam se-saws and slides over the green pin? If that's the case, then you can usea pin conection, using the hole axis (A_12)and theI-beam (you can use the beam's upper edge or create a hole in it). At the same time, create a cam connection between the I-beam and the green pin on which it is resting. If I missunderstood, please clarify.

i need to connect the green pin and the left edge hole. i have to transmit the motion to the I beam through the green pin.

The link should be such that the effect of momentof inertia ofthe I beam should be doubled at thegray slider pin when compared to the effect at the green pin.

thanks for responding.i hope now i am clear with my question. please suggest me.

thanks

sari
Edited by: ksarita20

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back