Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

lines disappearing

sadrok

Once again I have disappearing edges. I have an assembly that when shaded looks fine. When I change to no hidden lines, part of a component disappears. If I change to hidden lines, one half shows as solid edges the other half shows as hidden. Nothing is intersecting it to cause it, and when I hide the onlypart nearit, the whole component becomes hidden. I attached examples. What is causing this? Even when I spin it they still stay hidden until I rotate more than 90 degrees and then everything comes back fine.

Thats simply because you have some small amount of interference. Try turning on the lines display (like default soldiworks)

View - Display Settings - Model Display - Shade - With Edges option.

you might be sh*t out of luck for a detail drawing tho unless someone else has a trick up their sleeve.
Edited by: design-engine

I removed the parts and replaced them and everything is right with the world!! Don't know why it worked this time.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back