Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

line weight in pdf file

rabinson1

hi everybody

I have problem in changing drawing to pdf file:

in darawing file all dimention and hatchlines are yellow but in pdf file there is no different between dimention line weight and part line weight and it cause that be very hard for other peopleto recognize.

how canI remove this error??

Edited by: rabinson1

I am using Wildfire 3 and line weights have always been lost when using the built-in PDF creation tool. Other ways of making a PDF work correctly though. I thought that it was a problem in the PTC PDF utility.

Using WF4; M170

I made a text file with the following in it:

! 2011 02 10
! My first attempt to manipulate pen/line weights or definitions or whatever
! Be sure to place the file in the folowing folder:
! C:\Program Files\proeWildfire 4.0\text
!
! Change thickness of Geometry using Pen 1
! Template: Pen 1 = .02 cm; drawing_color
pen 1 thickness 0.02 cm; drawing_color

I then saved it as a *.pnt file, I called it table.pnt and placed it in the <proe loading directory>\text folder. In the above text, all lines starting with a "!" are comments. To expand the file to do more, check out theembedded Pro/E help files under Pro/E Fundamentals > Pro/E Menus > Printing and Plotting Files. Beware that there are some missing corelations between "System Colors" and "Color Names" that can lead to some confusion.

In the Drawing environment go to File > Save As and select Pdf for File Type. You should get a dialogue box like this:View attachment 4962

Check the "Use pentable" option to force the exporter to read the lineweight definitions in the table.pnt file. That should make all the difference.

2011-03-09_100450_square_drawing.zipThere should be two .pdf(s) in the zip: one that uses the Pro/E default pen table/mapping, and one that uses my pen table/mapping.

You can bypass some of this by reconfiguring the config.pro options as well. Type the full directory and file name in the "pen_table_file" option. Or go to Tools > Options and change the configuration option "pen_table_file" by manually entering in the full directory and file name.

Hope that helps, it did for me.

- Mike

I am seeing a very similar problem in 5.0. I use a pen table for my regular printing using the MS print manager. It took some "tweeking" to get the pen table to work properly so that the line weights worked as shown on the screen. When you manually adjust the thickness of a note or dimension the pen table must be written a certain way. If not, all the text line weights come out the same. As it it is written now, unaltered text comes out thin and thickened text comes out thick. The PDF problem I'm having is that even though the setting in my config are set to use the pen table for the PDFs it does not seem to really use it. The PDF comes out all the same line weight. Since the printed drawing come out correctly the pen table file seems to be doing what it is supposed to. The problem seems to be with the PDF maker within Pro/E. It worked better when I was using Ghost script when making PDFs but since 5.0 no longer recognizes batch files in the printer command line I have to us the on-board PDF maker. If anyone has found way to fix the PDF maker I would love to hear it.
Matthew

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back