Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Limits & Fits

JimiH

Hi

How do we specify this, we have a shaft of 50mm with a fit of "f9" the tolerance specified is "-0.050,-0.112) a double minus, there isn't an option to specify a double minus?

Thanks

Geoff

View attachment 3408

If you don't use a tol table like ankarl said, then in properties window at the upper value write -0.050 and 0.012 at the lower value

You just need to enter a minus sign in front of the value.
Edited by: vlad1979

Thanks vlad, worked a treat

also thanks ankarl, i'll look into tol tables, looks like the way to go.

Geoff

Strange, I cant find anything in my config that would enable tables.
I've always had'em...

What versions are you running and which licenses do you have?

I don't use tolerance tables but I'm curious how.

So I searched a little and found that there is a config pro option called tolerance_table_dir to set the directory for the tol tables.

Also there is another option called "tbl_driven_tol_val_edit" to be able to overide the tolerance table values."Yes" allows users to directly edit the tolerance value of dimensions whose tolerance values are driven by tolerance tables. Editing the tolerance value of a dimension will make the dimension non-table-driven. "No" disallows direct editing of the tolerance values of table driven tolerances. Please note that "No" is the default setting.

From now on these are my tries and my guess so....:

I have some tolerance tables in the PTC directory, I guess they were installed there: C:\ptc\proe_wf_2\tol_tables\iso so every one should have them.

So I set this directory in config pro with tolerance_table_dir option.

Then I go to edit / setup / tol_setup / standard / iso_din

Now I guess I have to load all the tolerance tables in my model or at least the ones I will use frecvently. So I go to edit / setup / tol_setup / tol_tables / retrieve and I select the tables I need, one by one and regenerate when asked.

Also set tol_display to yes.

Now when I add a dimension I can select a tolerance table and a value.

My feeling is that this needs to be done in start parts, to retrieve the tolerance tables needed and then all should work. But I will stop now because we don't use tolerance tables and I don't want to mess with our start parts.

Vlad is right. This topic has been discussed before in this forum. The problem is ProE by default is setup for ANSI, Whereas what we are talking about is the ISO system of tolerancing.

You need not load all the tables but only those that you may need.

You need to do this while in part mode (atleast that is how I do it).

Click on the following link for your ref.

[url]http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=33 623&KW=srinivasaniyer1[/url]

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back