Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO

Maybe this has been covered by CP in the super huge mega rendering thread, but, if it was, I missed it.

By what technique do you add the print/line drawing to the datums? Haven't had need for it before, but I suppose you can only use the tools you know how to use...

I tend to break features up more and not model all in one super feature like many do with ISDX. I also do a rough layout and go back to hit the details later. We say: "sweeten up the curves".

Skwasim, your doing good. Getting advice is all well and good but there is nothing like self teaching. I find that when you learn things that way you really understand them.

Try not to do too much with the main surfaces as they can be hard to handle, remember that you can always misse out details and patch them in later on.

Paddy

Hiii,

Thanks guys for the suggestion and the tips i will surely look forward for more but as this is my first car model so i guess i will not be to perfection but with time i will improve i will post my updates in coming days keep those tips coming in

Thanks

fegenbush,

in the add on module for ISDX you can place drawings onto planes as a trace feature. If you have the three views then you can imagine most of the lines of the object. The task then is to build the datum curves and surfaces that best approximate the object. I would guess that someday in 3d software there will be one big button that does this...hehehe. Perhaps they can label it: "three week timesaver"

cheers,

M

Well, magneplanar, that answered my question, and the one of how long something like that takes. I have had a couple times when that would have been particularly helpful, but I have other workarounds if the parts are simple enough.

Thanks for the tip.

Fegenbush

Hey skwasim, good to see you around and still improving your modelling skills. Unfortunatly since I started learning pro-e ( as some of you remember probably 1 yr ago now ) I have not had much chanceto either use or learn doe to other work commitments
smiley7.gif
However I always keep my eyes on the forum with great interest. I also have access to Wildfire 3.0 at home now too, so perhaps I will start to learn more about surfacing !

Looks like your off to a fine start. To me the screens you have added already look quite impressive
smiley36.gif
. The Gallardo is a beautiful car, make sure you do it justice or you will be in trouble haha !!

I look forward to seeing more screenshots and updates. The only tip I will offrer at the moment is " Enjoy yourself, you seem to be improving all the time "
smiley2.gif

smiley32.gif
Excellent start SKWASIM, nice to see you tackle this project. My one advice would be...never use surface free form unless its something very small and wont be next to a flat surface. THey tend to show alot of imperfections. I'm very excited to see this persue.
Edited by: CPiotrowski

hiii,

Sorry could not post the updates was out of city with some personal work i will get back to this modelling as soon as possible but anyways thanks for ur comments especially from great CP and Skint nice to hear from u again and believe me i will give my best shot for this model to be as perfect as this car

hi everybody,

sorry could not post any work on this car as i was really busy with my college and my work,and i really feel embarassed to write in this post after a long time,but believe me i will complete this modelling at any cost and soon will be posting my updates,Thanks CP for understanding meand anand i will surely post some images very soon.

hey Wasim,

Nice start. I didn't see this thread before.Good to hear that you are again working on it. I also started modeling a car , Enzo Ferrari. But due to college work, could not finish it. I think it is 80 % complete. May be this will encouragte me to work on it again
smiley2.gif
. Nice model.

here is link to my Enzo Ferrari Model
[url]http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34 792&KW=enzo+ferrari[/url]

It took me about 40 to 50 hours to model it.

The Enzo looks real nice Mahtab. It's not easy or fast to get a car with details even for an exterior render is it?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back