Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

JPG in Wildfire

TRAVIS CARR

Hello,

I have a question: How do I bring in a .JPG in Wildfire. I would like to use it to get the outline of the JPG to render a model from it for my business, Envy Hot Rods.Can someone please help me?

Travis

You can also insert a graphic using the Style tool. (I think you need ISDX).

Under style, select the Styling menu, then trace sketch. This will allow you to place thegraphic on any datum plane.

Raisa,

Thank you for you reply, but I do not have ISDX. I also wanted to say that I have WF3 and not Wildfire. Is there anyone else that can help me?

Travis

If you have AutoCAD or a similar software, it may be easier to import the .jpg into that and create your sketch, then import the sketch into Wildfire.

Where you want to import the jpeg to model or dwg?

If it's to a surface of a model or the the whole model it self. you just have to save it in your texture library( as a jpeg) or some folder that can navigate from pro-e then you map it from the systems colors and play around with the rendering.

I had to go about it a different way.

I opened a microsoft word doc and insert the JPG into the doc.

Then I inserted it as an object inmy 2-D drawing. The insert "object" command letsyou insert a Microsoft Word doc.

I was also able to crop the picture to the right size I wanted before saving it as a microsoft document file. The picture came out sharp to.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back