Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Iterating the input load

sfleming

Hi

I'm new to the forum. Is there any way to iterate the input load so as to do a parametric study of the resultant displacement?

Thanks

Steve

Steve,

In a linear analysis there is not an option to iterate the load because the results are a linear function of the load. For example if you apply a 1 lbf to a cantilever beam and the results shows it displaced 0.010. Then if you double the load (2 lbf) the results will show the displacement to be .020. If the load is cut to half (.5 lb) the displacement will be cut to half as well (.005). This same principal holds true for any other results ( strain, stress, rotations etc.).

Luis

Luis,

Thanks for your reply. I essentially did what you are saying. I started at 2lbs and then did another analysis at 4lbs and put the results on a graph to determine the load at the desired displacement.

I initially set the problem up with a displacement constraint assuming I could explicitly extract the reaction force, however its not that straight forward.

Steve

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back