Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

is Pro-E 4.0 backward compatible?

MB2011SD

If I save a drawing using Pro-E 4.0, can it be saved as a "Pro-E 3.0 drawing" to be viewed on a system with Wildfire 3.0? And be modified using Wildfire 3.0 ?

My understanding is that this is Impossible.

Can anyone tell me if i am wrong ? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Yes and no.

You cannot save a file as an older version, but you can get an add in for the older version to allow it to open newer files. Go to here for the GCRI plugin.

Follow the below steps:

1) Get the latest release readnewermodels.dll application component and place this application component in the earlier release loadpoint (i.e. <loadpoint>/i486_nt/obj/readnewermodels.dll).
<DIV =O style="mso-char-wrap: 1; mso-kinsoku-overflow: 1" v:shape="_x0000_s1026"></DIV>
<DIV =O style="mso-char-wrap: 1; mso-kinsoku-overflow: 1" v:shape="_x0000_s1026">
<DIV =O v:shape="_x0000_s1026">
<DIV style="mso-char-wrap: 1; mso-kinsoku-overflow: 1">2) Add the following configuration options to earlier release config.pro before launching the earlier release of Pro/ENGINEER. </DIV>
<DIV style="mso-char-wrap: 1; mso-kinsoku-overflow: 1"></DIV>
<DIV style="mso-char-wrap: 1; mso-kinsoku-overflow: 1">topobus_enable yes </DIV>
<DIV style="mso-char-wrap: 1; mso-kinsoku-overflow: 1">atb_show_log off </DIV>
<DIV style="mso-char-wrap: 1; mso-kinsoku-overflow: 1">atb_auto_check_on_update off </DIV>
<DIV style="mso-char-wrap: 1; mso-kinsoku-overflow: 1">atb_auto_check_on_retrieve on </DIV>
<DIV style="mso-char-wrap: 1; mso-kinsoku-overflow: 1; mso-line-spacing: '100 50 0'"></DIV>
<DIV style="mso-char-wrap: 1; mso-kinsoku-overflow: 1; mso-line-spacing: '100 50 0'">
<DIV =O v:shape="_x0000_s1026">
<DIV style="mso-char-wrap: 1; mso-kinsoku-overflow: 1">3) Add the config option

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back