Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Intralink login takes a long time

srduty

I am having problems with Intralink when logging in. It takes 10-15 min for the login to complete sometimes. I have noticed that this mostly occurs during the first login of the day, because after logging in the first time I can log back out and log back in fairly quickly. There is also a lot of hard drive activity on my workstation when the login is taking a long time. I have tried to delete all but a couple of workspaces to see if that would speed it up, but it doesn't. The problem seems to be linked to only my workstation, none of the others are having trouble. We are running Intralink 3.3 with WF2. Has anybody else had this problem?

I'm experiencing same problem also and we are running Intralink 3.3 with WF2.0 also, until now i can't figure why this is happening, we have more than 200 users but only my pc only have this kind of problem. Hope anyone can help, thanks in advance.

Jay
smiley19.gif

Try to compare the Local.ddb file, under /working_directory/.proi/,on your workstation. When you create WS, work, delete WS, etc ... without 'killing' your .proi directory, the file (Local.ddb) grow up. If you have check in all your job, the best thing is to exit Intralink, delete the directory .proi on your workstation and then enter Intralink, create a WS. You can see now that the Local.ddb is smaller and you don't spend time to wait.

Hope it works !

bp

Here's a quick and simple way to reduce/compact your local.ddb file without having to delete the .proi folder. Create a batch file along the lines as shownin the following lines ... .. ..

@echo off
rem Filename proi-purge.bat
rem This file will purge the users Proi-database

set PDM_DRIVE=D:
set PDM_LOC=proi_files
set PDM_LOADPOINT=%PDM_DRIVE%\Applications\wildfire2\proi\client
@set PDM_LDB_PATH=\%PDM_LOC%\%username%
@set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=%PDM_LOADPOINT%\i486_nt\illib

%PDM_DRIVE%
cd %PDM_LDB_PATH%\.proi
%PDM_LOADPOINT%\i486_nt\obj\ldbcompact.exe Local.ddb

pause

I've just test your script Bill and don't know how to thank you. Very useful.

Thanks a lot

bp

My PTC representative warned me about ldbcompact utility, that in some of the ilink versions local.ddb gets corrupted, when using ldbcompact. I can't remember what versions that were and whether PTC has issued some TANs about it, but I would be very causcious with that program.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back