Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Installing WF5 and CREO on Windows 7

pmcgowan

Hey folks, I'm having a few issues installing both WF5 and Creo on some machines running windows 7 ultimate. On one machine the setup file runs for about 2 secs then it bombs out and wont go any further.

One 4 other machines WF5 will install however when it gets to the point of creating program folders and shortcuts it bomds out. I have rerun the install without creating any shortcuts and I have managed to get it to install.

My question is has anyone got any ideas on what could be happening in both cases? Has anyone seen any similar issues?

Thanks

Paddy

Hi,

Have you confirmed that the version of Windows 7 is correct - i.e. 32 bit or 64 bit and also that the installation has Administrator rights - Windows 7 user security does some funny things when trying to save to registry keys, etc.

Good luck...

Yeah it all matches alright. I did a full windows reinstall on one of the machines and wf5 installed no problem. On the other machines its still the same though. Not really sure whats happening here.

Paddy

A possible workaround: You can copy over ProE installations to other PCs and they will run. You might have to manually add the ProE path to the windows environment variable 'PATH' though...

Is there a reason for needing both (do you need different datecodes on the same machine)? What's out now is just a WF5 with the rename of Creo Elements/Pro.

Hi Guys

I have also experienced those problems with cre ande wf5.
I have been logged in as administrator. Still does not work
on windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.

Any further suggestions?

Thxs

VJS

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back