Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Installing Pro Engineer 4.0 Help Needed..

78finn

I'm having some trouble installing Pro Engineer Wildfire Version 4.0 (M030)<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

When I load the first disk (1 of 5), I'm getting an error message prior to the install menu that states the following:

"Unable to detect a host I.D. Please verify you have an Ethernet network adaptor installed and configured".

I have a network card that is installed and configured within the spec outlined by PTC.

I have several other versions of Pro Engineer on disks that are able to recognise my network card with no issues. Those being: Pro Engineer Wildfire version 2.0 & version 3.0.

I have run ipconfig/all from dos prompt- so I know what my MAC address should read. Does anyone know of a reason why Pro install would not be able to find it?

If I choose to ignore the error prompt & run the install

Hi,

What version of Windows are you using ?
Do you have a wireless network card by any chance ?
You are sure your current firewall settings allow the installation routine to access the network card ?

Best regards,

John Bijnens

Hi John,

Running Windows XP Proffesional...

I'm not on a wireless network...no wireless network card has been installed.

I have tried installing the Pro Engineer with the firewall switchded off as well...

Still nothing.

I have also run virus, defrag checks etc etc...all fine...

Not really sure what to do??

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back