Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Inspection balloon

rlam

Hey all,
I'm a new member to this forum and this is my first post.

I'm trying to create a "inspection" balloon around a text in a text field. Much like creating a basic dimension box around a text by using @[number@]. I need to do the same in a text field with an inspection balloon. Any tips? I tried a number of @+letter and @+number combinations but no luck so far...

thanks all,
rlam

Hi again,
Does anyone have any idea how to make the above happen? I would appreciate any sort of tips that one of of the experts have on this forum.

Thanks!

I think it's only possible to create box around the text in a text field, but not balloon with rounded edges. First option is the same as with the dimension box.

Failing to find any syntax to do what you wish you can always create a symbol and embed that in your text.

gkbeer,

Can you point me to a good reference on how to create the symbol? I couldn't find much useful info on pro/e Help.

Thanks!

To create symbol, click Format > Symbol Gallery > Define > [enter symbol name].

Now, draw a note to represent text in a text field and then box around that text.To make textparametric, enclose it in backslashes (e.g. "\text\"). This way you can enter various text, without the need to redefining the symbol and thus make it reusable.

Do you want to create an inspection dimension? Like this:

You can do that by highlighting the dimension, right click, properties. on the properties tab under display you have a choice of Basic, Inspection, Neither. Basic is the square box and inspection is the rounded box. I don't know if the same trick is possible for a generic text field that is not a dimension

Yes, that is what I want, but for the text fields. I have yet to try creating a symbol and using the symbol in the text field instead...but will try that soon.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back