Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

"Insert Here" not working

MichailS

Sometimes I find that the feature tree line "Insert Here" - which is supposed to be possible to drag up and down - refuse to move.

Insert mode does work though, if I go to Edit -> Component operations or such.

What is the cause of this?

Wildfire 3.0

Early builds of WF3 had a bug where the insert line wouldn't drag properly if there were items in the model tree footer. It also affected the ability to reorder features.

I'm not sure what build fixed it, but I'm confident that it was fixed by M100. Search the ptc.com KB and you should be able to find it.

If you have a part activated it's not possible to drag Insert Here, but if you activate the assembly again it's possible to drag Insert Here within the parts. It seems a bit strange to me and to me it would almost be more logical the other way around.

I don't know if it was inside an assembly that you encountered this but as you mentioned Edit - Component operations I assumed it was.

Magnus.....now working in Thailand and not a complete MCAD addict posting on Christmas Eve..
smiley36.gif

The assembly is activated, there is nothing in the footer as far as I can see, build is M170 and I still can't drag Insert Here up the assembly tree.

I can however enable Insert Mode by Edit -> Component Operations -> Insert Mode -> Activate, and after that I can drag the Insert Here just fine, while it says "Insert Mode" in the lower right 3D window.

Oh well.

I wonder if there are some kind of hidden features in the tree. Cross sections create a place holder in the tree that you cannot see and I've seen isolated cases where a feature is there but not shown in the tree. Show the feature numbers and see if they skip (22, 23, 25 for example). I'm guessing here, but it's worth a look.

Besides that, I'd send it to PTC. They've cleaned up some corrupted files from me in the past.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back