Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Input Selection

RRRRR

Hello,

I found some files from the download area, in which I can easily change the values for predefined model parameters, when I choose to regenerate. The menu simply pops up.
I found some script by google which says;

INPUT
(specific parameters)
END INPUT

I do not know where to write this down? In the 'relations' script the symbol 'INPUT' is invalid.
I also tried to modify the PROGRAM design, but also without succes.

I hope someone can tell me how to do this.

Thank you in advance,

That is Pro/PROGRAM ... powerful stuff. I teach a one day version of Pro/PROGRAM but it can go on and on to many levels of complexity.You can drive a part to prompt a designer how many holes in the part. Also too the use of 'if then' statements to drive if a feature should exist or not. Rules, relations, parameters....

You can also drive assemblies ... if the fire truck should get the Cummins 10 cylinder engine or the ford 8 cylinder. That way a salesman can design the fire truck with the chicago fire department head who has the purse strings.Emergency One did that back in the 90's with one of my students.

You might have a chat with your VAR and see if they can put together a Pro/PROGRAM class for you. I doubt it tho and they will keep canceling the class over and over.

It would take some prep for me to create a multi-day workshop using Pro/PROGRAM but our Toronto group... grant Atkinson (they closed their office) is the expert at Pro/PROGRAM and automation.

Edited by: design-engine

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back