Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Inheritance feature datum updates

asecker

Hi,

I've just started using inheritance features. If I rename a datum plane in the parent model the name doesn't update in the inheritance feature. It maintains the name it had when I first created the inheritance. All the features update without a problem.

How do I get datum plane names to update in the inheritance feature?

Thanks,

Adam

Hi kdem,

I've been using the command you mention. All the geometry updates but if I change a datum plane name the name does not update.

Perhaps this isn't possible?

I'd have to look to see if something else could be causing that. For me, in WF3 & 5, the name updates in the inheritance if changed in the original part.
Edited by: kdem

I tried some other things andI'm not finding anything that keeps the name from changing.
Edited by: kdem

Hi kdem,

Thanks for looking into it. I've been trying a few things myself and it's really wierd. I've got two datum planes next to each other in the tree in the base model. If I rename one the inheritance feature doesn't update but if I rename the other it does!

Both datum planes were created before I created the inheritance feature. I can't figure out whats wrong.

Thanks,

Adam

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back