Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Incomplete mesh...

Vesh

I am having difficulties creating a mesh for my assembly. When I go to create the mesh it only comes up with the beam and shell elements and doesnt do any solids...

View attachment 2661

I have gone to Setup Simulation Dsplay > Mesh Tab > Enabled Solid mesh entities.

Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers...

Try Clicking on Autogem<solid and then mesh it.It declares that the element is a 3d solid element.

Regards,

Deepak Bhat
Edited by: deepakbhat_nie

I went to AutoGEM menu and Solid was already enabled.

I decided to open every part in its own window and mesh them individually. They all worked apart from the actual chassis. When I attempted to mesh the chassis, it comes up with the error below.

View attachment 2666
I have assigned a material to the part so Im not sure what it is asking.

Im not sure by what you mean re imported geomertry.

If stand alone is a Mechanica application which runs by itself, I dont think I have it. I have a student version of Pro/E.

I have now decided not to do a FEA analysis on the entire assembly due to time it will take and doing individual analysis for each part.

Also the reason I was having trouble meshing the chassis part was because I had a "rigid connection" with a 3D solid section and a beam element, which kept crashing Pro/E.

what i meant by imported geometry is the geometry created in different CAD software, like solidworks or Unigraphics..
make sure you reassign material properties in the assembly mode mechanica.
standalone mode is the old school Mechanica. it runs by iself using its own UI outside ProE.
You should be able to run static analyses on assemblies

I will be inerested in looking at your model if you want. check your email?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back