Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Implied Pattern?

Jelston,

Can you give an example of what you asking?

Does this terminology come from another 3D package?

Kev

Well, I took a GD&T course a couple of months ago and the guy teaching the class gave me some info about a couple of "bad practices" that i had been arguing with a co-worker about. One was implied 90 angle which i was able to find in a ansi standard and another was implied pattern. I have not been able to find info on the implied pattern.

Jelston,

I see where this is coming from, but I'm probably not the best to answer your question....

Best guess..... is that the implied pattern refers to holes that are dimensioned usingsomething similar to 30(PITCH/SPACING), rather than specifically dimensioning each individual hole's position relative to the base datums. (This can lead to fabrication errors that are not controlled by the geometric tolerences as that the above is a get out of jail free ticket for the fabricator...

My $0.02 (

I'm sure it was implied pattern; there was also implied symmetry. I understand the concept as he explained it, but I need a reference to end this argument.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back