Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

I’M SICK OF HAVING TO SELECT MY REGION

mjcole_ptc

Stop Asking me what region I'm in. PTC is so intent on making it's website only work with Internet Explorer which like Microsoft itself works very poorly. I remember almost all the major CAD systems were having trouble getting along with IE7. You may have seen some Forum posts in this and other cad forums about it.

Why should I and other Firefox users be penalized for not using bad internet browsers that try to force people to only use Microsoft products. The only time that I use IE is when a Company I work for forces me to or if I get any emails from PTC regarding new product offerings.

And yes I do have cookies enabled and all else I'm told to get the site to work. MCADcentral doesn't put me through this crap everytime I log in so why the hell does PTC.

Anyone know when 36 character file names will be possible on Pro/E? With all the undercores needed to make readable file names that aren't coded with abbreviations I can't see why PTC is still living in 5bit world.
: )

Michael

PTC's website has some definite technical issues. You are correct that many of these are due to PTC's "Microsoft only" view of the world. This "Microsoft only" mentality, over time, leads to a loss of technical compentency. This loss of technical compentency is something we are already seeing in PTC in their products too.
Another way to lose internal technical compentency is to outsource your technical tasks. PTC does this widely, choosing not to accomplish technical tasks internally. PTC chooses to outsource these to places like India. This short-term business strategy pervades PTC now. PTC is to big, fat, and technically clumsy to get out of its own way. The website region debacle is just one example of this.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back