Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to show Generic model as default model in model tree in the drawing window

kmdoss1974

The first view of the drawing is created using sheet metal flat part (instance) and then generic is used to place other views.
Due to this, the drawing model tree shows default model as flat part not the generic.

Even if you change the default model as generic, it is changing to flat part when you open next time.

How to make Generic as default model in drawing model tree?

Thanks in Advance.

You are probably best doing things the other way around - ie. create the drawing linked to the generic, and add the flat pattern instance.

Pro/E links a drawing with a model - hence creating a drawing from the instance will always have the instance as the standard model.

It is 3 sheet drawing with more views we can not re-create the drawing again. Suggest me the way without re-creating the drawings.

Each sheet of the drawing, if they have different instances, will show the model in the tree that is in that sheet.
I think you can force it to show another model if you make that model active. Save it with that model active and it will show next time you open the drawing.

Each sheet of the drawing, if they have different instances, will show the model in the tree that is in that sheet.
I think you can force it to show another model if you make that model active. Save it with that model active and it will show next time you open the drawing.

"make that Model active means"
change the default model as generic, it is changing to flat part when you open next time.
it is not changing permanently...

I don't know what you mean by "change the default model as generic". Go to the "Layout" tab, select "Drawing Models", and select "set model", pick the model that you want to show when you open the drawing. Now save the drawing, close, erase from session, and re-open, you will find that model to be in the model tree.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back