Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to restart FlexLM?

fiebigc

Sometimes when my computer resumes from standby my Creo looses the licensing. See the attached photo for the little dialog box that pops up. I have to restart the computer in order to use Creo. Needless to say this is annoying. My licensing is handled through the FlexLM installed on my machine.

Does anyone know how to resume the licensing without restarting the computer? Better yet prevent this from happening at all?

I searched the forum and didn't find any threads on this. I'm surprised because this has happened to me for years of using ProE/Creo.

Thanks.

Attachments

• ProE-License.PNG
    ProE-License.PNG
    19.1 KB · Views: 8
Not really a good idea to allow standby/hybernate with licensing running on that machine. You can run "PTC FLEXnet Admin License Server Web Interface" and restart the licensing. However, you may run into other issues besides the licensing. Pro_comm_msg.exe will timeout after so long if you let the computer sit and won't allow Creo to start as well.

You may want to look at adding a licensing server or disabling standby/hybernate.

You can navigate to your flexnet install bin directory and run prostartserver.bat or put a shortcut to it on your desktop.

you can use purge.bat in the bin folder to clean up any hanging licenses. in my case "C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Parametric\bin purge.bat"

G

The purge command has nothing to do with licenses. It deletes old versions of Pro-e/Creo parts, assemblies, and drawings.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back