Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to reference hole note in 2d drawing

damon_sisk

Simple question for anyone more familiar with Wildfire 4.0 than me.

I have a few countersunk, tapped and counterbored holes in a part. I'm creating a 2d drawing and do not want to create a hole table. I can add an annotation and manually input the tap/cbore etc data, but there must be a way to do that automatically. I can see that a note is created with each of the holes I created using the hole tool.

So, how do I insert a callout in the drawing that automatically describes the hole to the machinist?

Signed,

A Solidworks user... (who is trying to use Pro/E)

I found it! Create a note then type in &Note_0 where 'Note_0' is the name of the note attached to the hole in the feature tree.

You have to choose (above your model tree) Settings>Tree Filters then make sure the checkbox for 'Annotations' is checked so that you can find out the name of the note attached to the hole.

Damon,

This hole note is also hidden in the show and erase dialoque. Remember to pattern the holes where you can so the note tallies your holes for you.

While patterning, you can get the correct quantity only when you use the table pattern. For the direction and Dimension pattern you get the quantities not as the total but as the number of rows and columns of the array.

e.g. if you have 5 holes in the x direction and 3 in the y direction, you will get 2 notes as 5 holes and 3 holes and not as 15 holes when one uses a direction / dimension pattern.

However, when you define the holes as a table or an Axis pattern, you get the quantity as 15 holes. This is important since the value 15 is parametric.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back