Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to model this - newbie

Sesan

HI all,

I would like to model this picture. Could you kindly explain on how to proceed to achieve this.

Thanks in advance
Sesan
2008-10-16_055418_Std-AR-w_o_1.6-8.jpg

HI..

Could u kindly explain me more in detail abt the steps to followed to model..

Thanks in advance
Sesan

hi..

thanks for the reply.. i meant both.. Could you kindly tell me the steps in order to model the part and then later model sphere and make the assembly.

Thanks
Sesan

You may want to start with the Pro/E help files. That will give you an idea of how to use the variable section sweep and revolve features, as well as how to create an assembly.

PART ONE
first you lay down the desired curve in the shape of the rod/bar/tube ... couple strait lines with a fillet between them to make the trajectory for the rod/bar/tube. Then you use the VSS tool to utilize your recently sketched curve. Go right to the sketch with all the default settings and sketch a full circle to form the bent rod/tube/bar diameter.

PART TWO
the spear is simply a revolved sketch that looks like a half circle.Don't forget to include your centerline in the sketch for the half circle because sometimes new users don't think to look for the error message in sketcher. the system will yell at you.

Anyone else want to chime in for creating the assembly?That spear does not look perfectly tangent to the rod/bar
Edited by: design-engine

Hi all.

Thanks for the reply in detail explaining the steps. Got it finally. Could kindly help me designing this one which has got some mesh like structure to be built on the bend portion. Thanks in advance.

Sesan

Create the knurl on a regular cylinder and then bend the cylinder using "Spinal Bend" option. I think "warp" can also be used for creating the bend.

Hi..

Thanks for your reply. Could you kindly explain me the steps on how to Knurl model it on a cylinder.

Thanks
Sesan

Hi..

Thanks for the reply.. I would be pleased if you could explain me the steps by which i could do the same..

Thanks in advance
Sesan

I created some knurling on a small part last week, I was using the part for image creation. Created the knurling with a swepy cut and pattern, but the model went from about 300kb to 22meg lol.

Hi Anand..

Thanks for your reply. If possible could u also send me the steps by which i can do the same.. As i am not an expert, i couldnt understand the way u did it.

Thanks in advance
Sesan

Hi Anand,

Thanks for short tutor.

But from Step 11, I cant not pattern datum curve on reference. When I chose DT Curve->pattern (reference) ->ok. There was a mistake. ProE cant recreate internal datum.

Could you help me out?

Thanks&Best Regards

Please check the following:

1. <LI>First datum plane is making an angle of 0 degree with the FRONT plane and NOT passing through it or parallel to FRONT plane.</LI>
    <LI>While patterning this datum plane, selct pattern by dimension option and select the dimension 0 degree.</LI>
    <LI>Make sure that the sketch is drawn on this datum plane only and not on FRONT plane.</LI>

In any case, I have attached my model in one of previous posts. You can play with it to find out the trick involved.

Regards,

Anand

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back