Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to model tension spring?

JV

Hi all,
could you someone explain me how to specify tension spring
smiley9.gif
!
Thanks in advance!
JV

Can you provide more information about the problem you are trying to solve?

From the right side tool bar you can create a Spring element, which is an idealization used for structures in your model (assembly) that provide stiffness or flexibility without significant mass (inertial) effects. When you create the spring, you have to specify the Properties, which include the stiffness constant. If you have an Advanced license of Mechanica, you can specify a stiffness matrix for tensional and torsional stiffness relative to a specified coordinate system.

Hi,
sorry for the late replay!
I have two small slide table.I'd like when I push one of them ( greee one) using a rod to be able to drive and the other one (purple one).This is done by two tension spring.
In some moment of time the second one is stopped, but the first one has to make some additional stroke before stop.I hope I'm clear enough
smiley9.gif

So I need to specify tension spring.I don't have licence for Pro/M, only for mechanism module.

View attachment 2737

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back