Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to edit the Parameters in intralink 8

sureshdesigns

Hi all

I want to edit some parameters like Description,Part No, Release Status etc in Intralink 8. I tried using help in intralink but I didnt find any proper solution.

Can any one help me in this regards

Kind Regards

Suresh

for Release status or in other words Lifecycle state - you need permissions to "Set State" and this action would show up for you. If you are admin it should be already there.

For things lik Pro/E designated params you need to checkout part and make change and check back in.

There is no way to change Number in Windchill. In case a need of new numberfor same model you do "Save As" then give new number.

In case of Save AS if NUMBER field is inactive you need to enable that through Windchill preferences.

then revise to the Right Revison Level since it will go back to A.1 automaticaly

Hope helps

nejaugis said:
For things lik Pro/E designated params you need to checkout part and make change and check back in.

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Actually I wanted to add the part description, Itried to add it in Pro/E Param but it didnt worked out. The screen shot will be much clear I think.

Edited by: sureshdesigns

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back