Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to create this sweep

danno11

I think that I am having a brain freeze because I am having a problem trying to figure out the right way to create this part shown. This part was tristed using the warp command an I really don't think that this is the correct thing to do. I see m to recall creating a part similar to this years ago. Also isn't the warp feature mainly to be used as a concept tool then after the concept is finilized shoulden't the part be finished using standard modeling commands.

Hope someone can help

Thank you

VSS tool. Sketch your section... if its a 3d trajectory then prepare a sketch to project onto a surface (compound curve is the result) then use that as a trajectory with the VSS tool. good luck

design-engine said:
if its a 3d trajectory then prepare a sketch to project onto a surface (compound curve is the result) then use that as a trajectory with the VSS tool.

Or you can sketch the top view and side view of the trajectory and use "intersect" to obtain a 3d curve without using a surface.

Paolo

or you can create your curve using isdx... or thru points.. or.....

Anyway, llike bart says, use VSS for the sweep.

//Tobias
Edited by: tobbo

Sanjeev ,offcourse you can use swept blend.

To me, it seems like a simple circular geometry , swept along a curve? then vss is nice... but if the circular geo, by any reason is twisted, then swept blend is perfect... Or a vss with a relation (or graph and trajpar) that controlls the twist.

//Tobias

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back